Friday, 28 December 2007

Blessed

I have been blessed to have 3 sets of visitors this holiday season! I love familiar faces almost as much as i love the unfamiliar ones:)

The first were a couple JBU girls that, although several years behind me, were rejuvenating to see as we come from a similar world at JBU. We ate Chinese food and chatted about the places in life we were experiencing and what was ahead. I don't know if they knew what a blessing this simple conversation was for me. It did my heart good to share a bit of life with these wonderful girls, Natalie and Kristin:

We didn't actually take a pic together so i stole this off their facebook page!

Next was Heather Westbrook, a dear friend from the SCLE and kindred spirit in the traveling world. She was en route to her sister's in Coventry and stopped in with a friend Lynette. We saw some sites and did a day's worth of adventuring around my new home. It was a blessing as well to hear her life in the world I was consumed by over the past couple years. I was also encouraged by her perspective on my personal/professional dilemma's. She is a gem.


In front of Big Ben

And most recently was my dear Calley Louise! I was her mentee my freshman year at jbu, which was the foundation to a beatuiful friendship. I was planning to see her in a couple weeks on the back end of her trip to Ghana, but she called Thursday and said she had missed her flight to Ghana and was in town for a day - translation = i get to see my wonderful friend on both ends of the trip! So she came over, sacrificed some sleep and a shower to go out on the town with me. We visited the traditional pub as well as the "Urban Vine" and talked with many nice British boys. I love my Calley and am so thankful for a friend like her - she asks me questions even though she knows the answer could take an hour, will abandon hope of R&R for an adventure and shares her life with me.


Prior to our bus experiences of the morning:)

2 comments:

Hannah said...

So glad you're keeping a blog! You went to the top of my RSS feeds. Thanks, dear.

Cal said...

babe. honored to make the blog. thanks for the great talk and the fun with British boys. so sad i didn't make it on the back end of Africa, but it was necessary for me to stay (more on that later)...I love you and OWE you another trip across the pond to just stay with Lean in London! xoxoxo.