Friday, 29 February 2008

Regulars...

A few of the regulars have asked to take me to dinner or drinks over my last week here. Tuesday night Paul, Gordon and Simon took Nikki, Kristina and I out to Italian. Paul is the one that sent me flowers a bit ago. These guys are great and will be missed.


L to R: Simon (brings in his son on the weekends), Gordon (Scottish man who makes me smile and loves his football) and Paul (bought me flowers because "You're far away from home and flowers can make a person's day." They did)

Last night I met up with Phil. People call him Shrek but he doesn't like it, though he does whisper "Donkey!" sometimes with his strong Scottish accent and its great! When he gets a bit tipsy he requests "cuddles" which is a hug over here. Big teddy-bear Phil:






This one is Paul, my manager, trying to be even shorter than he really is. Phil looks like a giant!

3 comments:

Jason said...

Leah, we are preparing to have dinner with someone we met today who happens to be from Ruidoso, NM. Her name is Janelle and she said she knows you too. Small world eh?

Cal said...

I'm sad you're leaving London. I want to take that walk again in the dark with my bag on my back. And almost miss the bus while eating yogurt!!! Ahh...memories.

racheljenae said...

yaaaay!!! now i can actually stay updated on leah-adventures! Sorry I missed you in Springdale...just got home today from up there! So i found your blog off Daniel and Gretchens but it wont' let me view the actual link so I can rss or save it..so can you send it to me? thanks! hope your doing great! what's your next plans?